In this episode I talk with Stephen Pinsent about the Spartan Race Ultra we ran in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada at the Calabogie ski hill.
Some key points we discuss:
– Stephen’s history and how he came into the Soldiers of Fitness Boot Camp program and Obstacle Course Racing (OCR)
– Our views on Spartan Race and if it’s the best race to introduce you to the OCR world
– The obstacles and terrain we face in the ultra race (10.5km in this case)
– Some of the struggles and personal battles faced in every runners mind
– The venue and some ideas that could make the experience better for families