Alive in Nature was created to inspire people to get off the couch, out of the stuffy indoor gyms and out in nature. There is no better place to connect with yourself, no matter the weather. As humans we’ve devolved so much that we can barely handle being outside in a light drizzle. Camping has become weather dependent instead of just what we’re doing. Humans spent thousands of years outside in all kinds of weather and we survived, thrived and I believe were much happier.
If you want to know more about me personally and my experience in nature, the military and over 15 years in the fitness industry, go to the home page, down to my picture and click on my name.
To help people understand the complexities of fitness and nutrition so they have the tools to live a long, happy, and functional life. We want to tear people off the couch and out of the gyms and into the environment we were meant to function in – nature. We are dedicated to showing people a way of life outdoors through adventure, travel and many more resources.
What I’ll talk about on this site:
1. Obstacle Course Racing: This is where I’ll talk mostly about my Obstacle Course Race (OCR) journey. There is so much to learn and I’ve only just begun. While I’m in fairly good physical shape, I’m still very new to the sport and only beginning to learn who is on top and what’s available out there. If you aren’t sure where to begin in your racing journey, follow me through mine and learn as much as you can. Please don’t be afraid to ask questions and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Gear: Not sure what to buy? Shoes? Gloves? Jackets? I’ll be reviewing gear out in nature to let you know what works best for me and what might work best for you. While we’re all different in our personal tastes, I’ll do my best to be as open-minded as I can.
3. Traveler, Adventurer: This section will include places I visit and the things I do and see when I’m there. I’ll mix up traveling for pleasure and adventure. Everything you might want to know before your trip and things you might want to know if you’ve never gone.
4. Podcast: This will serve as a different medium for you to learn tips and tricks from athletes and competitors on what steps to take and how to program your way to success. You don’t have to want to be an athlete, you just have to want to get outside and be the best version of yourself.
5. Books: I like to read and I think most people do too. From fitness to nutrition to science fiction and horror I’ll give reviews on books I read and make recommendations to you. One of my favorite things to do is be outside in nature reading a book when I’m trying to relax.
6. Nutrition: Tips and advice to eat right and get healthy. There’s no quick fix, you have to make lifelong good choices. In this area of the website I’ll be discussing steps to take to get healthy and helping you along with way with all kids of tips and advice.